Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Renouncement

Christian Forshaw
Renouncement

This CD is a wonderful collection of hymns/church music by Christian Forshaw. I have to say, I've never really been a fan of the saxophone. The way it's used in these arrangements though is truly beautiful and has made me look at it in a totally different light! The first track, Hereford, is an arrangement of the hymn 'O Thou who camest from above'. I'm not used to hearing it sung to this tune but I've totally fallen in love with it, the melody seems to soar and draw you irresistibly after it. You can listen to a sample of the track here.

Another song on the CD, Not so Sad, is an arrangement of part of 'Rock of Ages'. This is absolutely beautiful too and you HAVE to listen to the sample track here. I've been trying to find sheet music for this so I can play it myself but I've had no success so far. The tune is by JS Bach but I can't find any information about it other than that. So if anybody knows anything, please let me know :)



Christian Forshaw, saxophone
Steve Lodder, organ

Grace Davidson, soprano

Ian Cape, Joby Burgess, percussion

The Sanctuary Voices directed by James Weeks


Available from Amazon for £7.98

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That looks really interesting. I am a big music fan so will be sure to have a look.