Friday, March 21, 2008

Colourful Quotes

I love colour. In my opinion, it's one of the most wonderful aspects of God's creation. There's so much more that could be said but... I'm not even going to try!

Mere colour, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways.
~ Oscar Wilde

I found I could say things with colour and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.
~ Georgia O'Keefe

The purest and most thoughtful minds are those which love colour the most.
~ John Ruskin

There are only 3 colours, 10 digits and 7 notes; its what we do with them that's important.
~ Jim Rohn

I cannot pretend to be impartial about the colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones, and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns.
~ Winston Churchill

Why do two colours, put one next to the other, sing? Can one really explain this? No. Just as one can never learn how to paint.
~ Pablo Picasso

I find this last quote slightly depressing because I can't paint but I was kinda hoping I could learn ;)

No comments: