Thursday, March 20, 2008

Religion 'linked to happy life'

I'm afraid life is rather hectic at the moment so forgive me if my blogging consists of just links, quotes, poems etc. But who knows? Maybe you'd rather that than wofflings about my life ;) Perhaps I should rename my blog: The Annals of Other People's Minds....

Here's the link for today: Religion 'linked to happy life' from the BBC news website.

One very valid point the researchers made is that Christians find more satisfaction in life because belief in God gives their lives a purpose. Isn't it true, life is so meaningless without Christ?

I sometimes think I'd crack up if I was an atheist. Without God in the picture, life would just be part of an awful cycle of pain, suffering and misery.... generation after generation. And the only purpose in our lives would be to introduce the next generation into such a world. True, life can bring joy and happiness. But, too often, our happiness is shallow or short-lived. Life is miserable. I'm afraid people who don't see that must have a very tentative hold on reality. Or they're ignoring the truth.

O Christ, in Thee my soul hath found,
And found in Thee alone,
The peace, the joy I sought so long,
The bliss till now unknown.

Now none but Christ can satisfy,
None other name for me;
There's love, and life, and lasting joy
Lord Jesus, found in Thee.


Anon.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Very true. No wonder the suicide rate is rising. It's like
Know God, Know peace
No God, No Peace
Bethany

Suzanne said...

You're right, that's a good way of putting it. :)