Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Experiment

I wrote this yesterday. I had a theory that it'd be hard to read. But....when I tried, it wasn't. I decided that maybe that was because I'd written it. Maybe. So please read it and tell me how you find it.

On a slightly different tack, when I get to 'violet' I keep seeing 'violent'. My sister noticed that too. I think it's because our minds associate different colours with certain emotions. If violence was a colour it would be a deep red, just like that one.

It's fascinating :)

7 comments:

Leo said...

umm, i didnt :S hah!

Anonymous said...

that's strange because I think that even if it had said violent I would have read violet because I would expected to see violet not violent in a list of colours.

Suzanne said...

now that's interesting. sounds like I need to develop my theory a bit more...

you, dr. anonymous, must have a different kind of mind...one which is more inclined to make associations based on words rather than colours.

so hypothesis no. 2 is: men's minds work differently. obviously. but i need to know if it applies to something like this too.

so you have to tell me if you're male or female so i can test this further :P if you're a girl, i guess i'll just have to rethink.

i knew i should have disabled anonymous commenting...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I'm a man, so maybe you're right. Though, I'm not convinced it's to do with gender. It's probably just that the brighter people associate based on words! ;)

Leo said...

Well, I saw it as "violet" too lol.. hmm!

Suzanne said...

HA! you see i could tell right away that you were a man ;)

and hey it's nothing to do with intelligence! i reckon it's just that we artistic/thinking-outside-the-box people can see things that nobody else can...

Well Leo, you obviously have a masculine mind :P

Anonymous said...

maybe, although associating by words seems more logical than by subjective interpretation of colour...