Thursday, May 22, 2008

Kippers

I dislike kippers with a passion.

They look disgusting, taste horrible and smell AWFUL.


Strangely enough, I used to like them. I can't for a moment imagine why though.

The worst thing about them is that they make EVERYTHING smell and taste of fish for days after they've been cooked.

This morning, for example, I decided to cook some cheese on toast. The grill pan had been thoroughly cleaned since the last time it was used but still the food tasted and smelled of kippers. Ugh!

So I'm currently holding a strong grudge against them, hence the rant.

I think they should be banned.

3 comments:

Andrew Clarke said...

Hi Suzanne, I can remember kippers from when we lived in the U.K. years ago, but don't see them in Australia. I'm a Christian, too, we worship in a Presbyterian Church. But I should say, I found your blog when I was searching for Christians who like reading and include Christian inspired fantasy such as "The Lord Of The Rings" as a favourite. If you do, may I suggest another title to try? I wrote "Outcasts Of Skagaray" because I felt strongly about the mistreatment and abandonment of children. It is a fantasy adventure of the same basic genre as Lewis and Tolkien. For free preview, go to www.threeswans.com.au and check the sample chapters. I would love it if you read and enjoyed it, but in any event I greet you in the Lord. Blessings to you.

Suzanne said...

Hello Mr. Clarke, nice to meet you. Sounds like Australia is the place to live if there's no kippers there ;)

Thanks for the link to your book info, I shall certainly take a look.

Andrew Clarke said...

Thanks for your reply, Suzanne. Drop by anytime. I'll visit your blog too, it is interesting and original. I know what you mean about some food types - you wish they'd never be seen again!Blessings.