Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Winnie the Pooh said

I love Winnie the Pooh. Some of the things he says are awesome. They sound so simple but can be incredibly profound.

Winnie the Pooh said....

“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"”

~

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”

~

“You can't help respecting anybody who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn't spell it right; but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling Tuesday simply doesn't count.”

~

“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

~

“If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever”

~

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”

~

“"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called”

~

“Before beginning a Hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it.”

~

“When having a smackerel of something with a friend, don't eat so much that you get stuck in the doorway trying to get out.”

~

"I wonder what Piglet is doing," thought Pooh. "I wish I were there to be doing it, too."

~

"They're funny things, Accidents. You never have them till you're having them."

~

"Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known."

~

"When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, A. A. Milne was a genius! How about this:

"And if anyone knows anything about anything," said Bear to himself," it's Owl who knows something about something," he said, " or my name's not Winnie-the-Pooh," he said. "Which it is," he added. "So there you are."

I love the above because his logic is perfect, but his major premise is flawed! A perfect example of the problems of syllogisms.

There are many other brilliant quotes too, but I'll probably get them wrong. One thing I will say is that EVERY adult should read winnie the pooh!

Suzanne said...

haha I love that!!

I agree, everyone should definitely read it. In fact, I think I might just read it all over again...

...so I might find some more great quotes to share!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Winnie-the-Pooh is wasted on children!
By the way, going back a while, do you really believe in that people for global warming stuff?

Bethany said...

I love Winnie the Pooh and his sayings. Since I hve little siblings I get to watch Winnie the Pooh movies as well.People would be probably think I am extra weird if they new that.

Suzanne said...

Nah, not really. I just like their kinda tongue-in-cheek approach ;) To be honest, I don't hold any particular views on global warming because I don't know anything about it whatsoever.

Don't worry Bethany, I wouldn't think you were weird - I like Winnie-the-Pooh movies too :)