Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cheap Mp3 Players - Don't Bother


I thought I was getting a bargain buying an ipod look-alike for £27 including postage.

But, believe me, you get what you pay for.

To start off, it's incredibly slow. I haven't put all that much music on it but it takes forever to load the list of albums. It takes ages to navigate there anyway because of the way the folders are organised. If you want to listen to a particular song, it'll take you about 5 minutes to get to it.

Then, yesterday, the screen decided to pack in for a while. It turned back on again later but I couldn't get it to work for ages. I could get music to play if I turned it on but the screen just went an inky colour and wouldn't display anything.

The most annoying problem is that you can't randomise all the songs on the player. You can randomise a single album but, if you want to listen to all of the music, you have to listen to them in order.

The only thing I remotely like about it is the colour, although even that's a bit yellowish for my liking. Aside from that, it looks and feels cheap and tacky - which it is!

So, if you're thinking of buying an mp3 player, take my advice and buy a good quality one. You'll probably save yourself money in the long run and avoid all the frustration a rubbish one brings.

Plus, you won't let your brother get the satisfaction of saying "Told you so!" when you discover he's right about these cheap mp3 players on Ebay ;)

Gaz has a Creative Zen player and an ipod shuffle, both of which I can recommend. They just don't have all the features I wanted. I'd like a Nano really but there's no way I'm forking out £100 or more for one right now so I guess I'll have to stick to what I've got...

Just trust me and don't buy one of these cheap things!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

How disappointing for you. :( It's annoying when you think you're getting a great buy and then when it comes it's nothing like what you expected.