Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Go Murray!!

Did anyone see Andrew Murray beat Richard Gasquet last night? What an awesome match! I have to admit it's the first Wimbledon game I've watched this year - what have I been missing?!



The way he came back from two sets down is incredible. I think it was a combination of the crowd's tremendous support and his own stamina which saw him through to the quarter-finals. Gasquet was obviously flagging and Murray took full advantage of it.

I'm gutted I'm going to be in work tomorrow and miss his clash with Nadal.

:(

image courtesy of BBC

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Sorry, I can't rejoice with you in this instance. I am not very fond of watching Andy Murray play and I hope Nadal beats him tonight because Rafa is my favourite male tennis player. Not very patriotic I know but Australia doesn't have very many great tennis players at present.

Suzanne said...

I kinda like Rafa too but I definitely wasn't glad he beat Murray! I want Federer to win now, he's my next favourite player :)

Bethany said...

I hope it's either Federer or Nadal. I love watching Federer play because he always so calm, cool, and collected. I think he has a contagious smile.

Suzanne said...

Well you've got your wish Bethany - it will be either Federer or Nadal! I agree, Federer is calm and he makes it look sooo easy.