Friday, October 17, 2008

Lessons Learned

I'm afraid my blogging has been a little erratic over the past couple of weeks. I seem to have been at home very little and have had quite a lot of work to do. I really will try and be a bit more regular now though, especially with my daily quotes.

But, to give you an idea of what I've been up to, I thought I'd do another 'Lessons Learned'. When I first did one of these posts, I intend to do it regularly but....somehow it didn't happen.

10 Things I've Learned in the Past Week (or So)

1. There is a Welsh Wikipedia

2. I like the work of Sara Fanelli

3. An ossuary is a container or vault for holding the bones of the dead. If you do a google image search for 'ossuary' you'll get some pretty fascinating pictures.

4. Do NOT study animation. That is, unless you think you'd enjoy drawing out the zillions and zillions of frames.

5. The Whole Earth Catalogue is basically a precursor to Google in book form.

6.
When hiring out cameras in the Art School, you are required to provide your own batteries.

7. Time is very precious. Don't waste it.

8. Glyndwr CU meets on Monday evenings at 7.30 in room B33.

9.
The capital of Burkina Faso is Ouagadougou

10.
I get on well with Christmas Cacti. They require infrequent/limited watering.

3 comments:

Monday through Sunday said...

I have family that are missionaries in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. :)

Suzanne said...

Wow! And I'd never heard of it before :)

Tim said...

Sounds like a learn-ish week!