Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hansel & Gretel

A friend invited me to see a show of Hansel & Gretel on Thursday evening. It was a fantastic performance by OTTC and I enjoyed every minute of it. I only vaguely remembered the storyline, which made it all the more exciting!

My friend is the stage manager of the show and I enjoyed certain privileges.....such as helping take the set down and put all the props in the van! It's just a day's work for the touring team but it was fun for me :) It's fascinating to see everything disassemble and packed away neatly for the next night's show.

The photos are from the OTTC website.





Thanks Hugh, it was a great night!

4 comments:

~Tori~ said...

I've tagged you....it's a new one! See my blog for details!

Rachael said...

Looked like alot of fun!! Did you say it was on stage?
Have you ever read the book called "The Silver Skates"? It is about Hansel and Gretel, but not the children who are about to be eaten by the old woman. It used to be my favourite book. It was rather scary though because their father was mad and did scary things :(

Anonymous said...

Hey Suzie. Glad you enjoyed the show. To all your readers we are playing for 4 more weeks so do come along. See the website for the venues.

Thanks to your help we did the get out in the quickest time yet. Hoorah. (Oh and well done for putting up with all the shouting I do to get the right things at the right time!!!!)

Hugh!!!!!!!!

Suzanne said...

Yes Rachael, it was on stage. A kind of portable stage that disassembles and tours round the country with the theatre crew....there's probably a technical name for it.
I have read "The Silver Skates" and enjoyed it! Although I have to confess it was a while ago and I don't remember much else about it!