Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Hijack

One of the briefs I'm working on at the moment in college is called 'Hijack'. The idea is, you take a brand, logo or image which has been created by somebody else and use it to promote something other than it was intended for. I'm sure that last sentence is grammatically incorrect but hopefully you get what I mean...

As part of my work, I researched work that has been done by others which uses this 'hijacking' idea. Below you will see some of the images I came across.

Ok, I'm going to give you a little game. I've numbered each of the images below. I would like to you to look at them and see if you can tell me which brand/logo etc. each has been hijacked from. Then post your answers as a comment. I think most of them are fairly straightforward but let's see how you do! Any questions, just ask.

1.

2.
3.

4.

5.

6.

7.
8.
9.

10.
11.
12.
13.
This final image is my own and my answer to the brief. So I'm particularly hoping you guess this one correctly because it's supposed to be immediately obvious whose idea I've hijacked.

But hey, looking forward to seeing your answers!

8 comments:

Ffion said...

1.BMW
2.YouTube
3.Obama hope poster
4.Return of the King
5.Intel Inside
6.Evian
7.Attack fo the clones
8.Ebay
9.Puma
10.?
11.?
12.Coke
13.Nike

Antonia said...

11. iPod (?)

Antonia said...

and 10. NASA

Suzanne said...

all correct :)

Bethany said...

I got 1,2,3,12,and 13. I knew 6 was some form of water brand, but I thought it was Fountain. 8 also looked familiar but I didn't know why.

Jaky Astik said...

it's wonderful!! really

Alex Lowery said...

Intresting. I couldn't tell what most of them were but I saw one was them was the Lord of the rings and another one was star wars and another one was you tube.

Megan said...

Evian/naive one is awesome!!!