Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Suzanne (TrueType)

We spent the afternoon creating typefaces yesterday. It's all very simple - just visit www.yourfonts.com and follow the instructions. Everything is totally free and all you need is a printer, scanner, paper and pen! Plus a bit of creativity and imagination.

Here's a sample of a typeface I created yesterday. It's called 'Suzanne' - a bit unimaginative but I gather a lot of typographers are in the habit of naming their typefaces after themselves ;)


Ok...I just disovered a problem. My full-stops and commas are floating a little too high.

But it's lots of fun to do so give it a try!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

That sounds fun!

BTW, Thank you Suzanne for your comment on my blog! I'm so glad you shared that with me; I hadn't heard of that before. You've made my day! :)

Esther Lowery said...

High Suzane. The story is about me and I am some one who likes monkeys. In the story my father is the zookeeper and he looks after all the animals inkluding the Peach Spekeld monkeys.My brother Alex is a spoilt brat in it and he is not my brother. My real father who is not the zookeeper is a man could John March. I did not do the pictures we bought a program that had a lot of storys and allready had pictures in. you could edit these storys and change them like I did. We found a website that published books. If you want to see the website look up.
www.lulu.com/uk/author/create.php?cid=uk_brand&gclid=CNiAu6Hzi5kCFRIgZwodqnKQmg. If you want to know more about the story go on Alex's blog.