Monday, May 18, 2009

I have received instruction!

I've been learning recently what a wealth of wisdom and good advice is found in the book of Proverbs. I find something new every time I read from it, even though I must have read the passages dozens of times before. I didn't realise until yesterday that the Bible even has something to say about my untidy bedroom!


"I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding;

And, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down.

Then I saw, and considered it well: I looked upon it, and received instruction.

Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:

So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man."

Proverbs 24:30-34 (KJV)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about messing your sisters bedroom up? :)

Rachel

Antonia said...

I want to tell you something (that isn't a comment to your post...):
I have a blog now! (I only wanted to tell you that, there isn't anything important on it wright now, but there will be...please stop by my blog)

Something to your post:
It's strange that I do not understand the Bible in English. I don't have problems with English books, but the Bible seems to be difficult to read...

Neil said...

Ooops

Bethany said...

I think it is amazing how we can read a passage several times over and it still gives us insight.

MoonShaw said...

I used to read one chapter of Proverbs every day, actually the chapter that coincided with the day number. It's great, and I like that book a lot.
Good post, yep, everything can teach you some new thing, even when you've read it a hundred times.

Under Southern Skies said...

Hmm, I've never thought of it that way before. Thanks for sharing. :)