Thursday, May 21, 2009

Update

This is going to be a rambling sort of post, I'm afraid. It feels like I haven't blogged for years but it's only actually 3 days ago since I last posted. Wow, I've 'moved' since then! I usually blog sitting at my desk in my bedroom but I'm now relegated to the top of a chest of drawers in my sisters' bedroom...

The reason for this is that I decided finally to decorate my bedroom. I've been planning it for months, if not years. So, all my furniture and personal belongings are scattered around different rooms of the house while I get the painting done. My younger siblings have been clamouring to help and James and Becky did a pretty good job of getting the undercoat on the walls today.

Rachel, Ffion and I attended an excellent meeting of the Christian Institute in Wrexham on Tuesday evening. Anybody living outside the UK probably won't be aware of the Institute; it's an organisation aiming to uphold Christian values in the public arena. The meeting was encouraging because, despite all the depressing reports of the press and the way our nation seems to be heading generally, Christian voices are being heard by the government and are actually having an impact in many cases on the laws that are being passed. If you don't already, I'd highly recommend you visit the Christian Institute website and subscribe to their newsletter, in either paper or electronic format. You will then be informed when any significant issues arise in the government that need our prayer or that we can support/fight practically in some way.

Anyway, that's it for now. Don't be too surprised if you don't hear much from me over the next few days...

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Have fun decorating and cleaning!

MoonShaw said...

I know how "having furniture all over the place" feels! But I found it quite funny, actually. I had a great time.
Still, there is this question... a curious question I have... why is your blog's URL bigbluebanana?

Suzanne said...

Hmm......it's a good question MoonShaw! I didn't know much about blogging when I set up my account and, not expecting to stick it out, I just chose something totally random and now I'm stuck with it!

Elizabeth J. said...

I hope you have fun with the re-decorating.

Under Southern Skies said...

I really like your new blog look. The colors are really nice!