Friday, February 12, 2010

John Piper books. For free.

Did you know you can read John Piper books online for free? I didn't until a few weeks ago. And there's not just a few of them online - I think there's pretty much every single book he wrote there. WHAT a discovery!

I'm not generally keen on reading books on-screen but Piper's so good you just can't put him down (or close the webpage) and it's given me a great thing to do in between classes at college.

Does anybody else think John Piper is a fantastic speaker and author? He has such a passion for truth and godliness. Few authors have influenced me as much as he has. If you want to read a book that will change your life, try reading his book Desiring God. Did the thought ever cross your mind that being a Christian involves making a choice between God and pleasure? Or between sacrifice for God and happiness? Even if it didn't, read this book.



Or, Don't Waste Your Life. Also brilliant. Be warned, if you enjoy being a comfy, luke-warm, do-nothing-hard kind of Christian, stay well clear. This book WILL change the way you look at your life (and hopefully the way you live it too).




You have no excuse, just click here and start reading!

4 comments:

Antonia said...

Thank you for your blog advice. It works and now it's all centred and looks perfect! :)
Thanks a lot!

Bethany said...

I read "Don't Waste Your Life" and did the study guide about 6 months ago. It was such a challenging book. My family also have quite a few John Piper teaching DVDs, all of which are excellent.

I can't remember whether I have said this already but nice to see you back in blogland.

Alexander Mark said...

I think you've got the thing were people can only comment with approval haven't you? I would like to only allow comments after I approve of them, but I can't find any option of only allowing that. I've looked in the comment settings, and there's no options for only allowing comments with approval. Could you tell me how?

Alexander Mark said...

I asked you question. but it doesn't matter cause I've figurerdd it out myself.