Tuesday, March 09, 2010

5 things I love today

1. Sunshine! Even when it's cold. Somehow, sunshine in March makes the world look prettier than sunshine in July does.

2. Books. I went in a great charity shop yesterday and bought waaay too many books. But they were cheap. Can anyone resist good, cheap books?

3. Pergolesi's Stabat Mater. I was listening to it in the car on the way to uni and it's just fantastic.

4. Tropicana Orange Juice. It tastes better than usual when I'm sat at the breakfast table in the sunshine. Don't you think sunshine improves the taste of food?

5. My Bible. I was listening to a lecture on church history the other day. Do you know how incredibly privileged we are to have copies of the Holy Bible in our own language? And not just that. Bibles are easily available, cheap and we don't have to fear for our lives when we read them. Don't take your Bible for granted!

7 comments:

Bethany said...

That last point Suzanne was a good reminder. How often I take my Bible for granted; just reading it because that is what I do, rather than really treasuring every word it says.

Yes, sunshine and lovely weather and outdoor eating make food taste more delicious.

MoonShaw said...

Yep, that means we hardly EVER get snow... this is the first real snow in... maybe, say, five years?

Deedee Knickerbocker said...

Agree to all. Especially the first and last. Love March.

Elspeth said...

Hey Suzanne.

I stumbled across your blog in a very roundabout way and am really impressed! It is so enjoyable to read. I love charity shops too, and photography is one of my favourite pastimes! =)

I wonder if you have seen my blog. If you click on my name you can get to it. I run it with 11 other people, and would be interested in your thoughts on it.

See you next month! =)
Every blessing,
Elspeth McLachlan

Antonia said...

Shipping wouldn't be a problem for me. It's great to hear, that some of you would like to enter my giveaway. :)

Suzanne said...

Thanks for all your comments :)

Hi Elspeth! Lovely to hear from you. Yes, I have seen your blog and I am subscribed to the rss feed so I've read every post from since you started off. I have found the articles really helpful but have not yet plucked up courage to join in on the discussions! It's a fantastic job you're all doing so please keep up the good work.

Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

Suzanne

Antonia said...

Hey Suzanne,
just want you to know, that I have a giveaway now! Deadline is March 30th.

Antonia