Friday, February 20, 2015

My first ever smoothie recipe

Actually, that's not completely true, because I have mixed frozen berries and coconut milk in a food processor before to make a smoothie, but this is my first more adventurous smoothie.



I had no idea how it was going to turn out, because I estimated all the quantities and wasn't really sure if all the ingredients would go together. But it tasted so nice that I thought it deserved a blog post! And, for those who might be interested, it's dairy-free and Paleo.

So here's what I did:

Ingredients

1 handful of pumpkin seeds
1 banana
1 pear
half an avocado
a few handfuls of frozen mixed berries
1 generous dollop of raw honey
Koko coconut milk - to taste, depending how thick/thin you like your smoothie. Could also substitute with yogurt or normal milk.


Method

1. Grind the pumpkin seeds to a powder in your processor (I have a Thermomix, but I guess a normal processer with a strong blade would do it).

2. Throw in the rest of the ingredients, the fruit roughly chopped, and blitz for about a minute.

3. Check the consistency, and add more milk if you want it thinner.

4. Enjoy!

No comments: